Planning an alligator party? Here are some fun finds, plus a whole lot of ideas that will make planning the menu a breeze!
2. Dorothy at Crazy for Crust has an adorable idea for alligator pie, and shares the recipe, too.
3. Photographer Katherine Marie put together this alligator snack tray for her kids, and the food names are so super-clever. LOVE her ideas! Here’s a list, plus a few more ideas from me…
- Green swamp soup (green pudding)
- Scales (round green candies)
- Alligator bait (anything goes!)
- Tails and mud (celery and peanut butter)
- Gator eggs (grapes, egg-shaped candies, or deviled eggs with the yolks dyed green)
- Alligator skin (green rope candy or green fruit roll-ups)
- Swamp sticks (pretzel rods)
- Gator ade (punch or kool-aid)
- Swamp water (tea)
- Gator claws (make bear paw cookies but re-name them! Fun fact: alligators have 5 toes on the front and 4 in the back.)
- Gator munchies (anything goes!)
- Gator bites (anything goes!)
4. DIY alligator masks would be so much fun for kids to wear at the party, and of course, to take home!
5. Skip to My Lou made this green candied popcorn for St. Patrick’s Day, but at an alligator party, it could be “gator corn.”
PS. Check out Colin’s alligator party for more ideas, and a gorgeous alligator cake!